What is neuroATLANTIC?
Neurological diseases are disorders that affect the central nervous system and can impair the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerve or neuromuscular function. Most of these diseases are directly related to ageing, with Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) and stroke being especially relevant due to their incidence and the economic burden they carry. More than 7.5 million European citizens aged between 30 and 99 years suffer from different types of dementia.
neuroATLANTIC project will contribute to address this challenge by proposing new standardized clinical protocols, innovative diagnostic and treatment methods and ensuring technology transfer to enterprises to favour the uptake of innovations in real settings. Specifically, neuroATLANTIC will act on the clinical, preclinical and capitalization aspects as following:
- The project will explore best clinical practices to elaborate a “green paper” to propose an improved clinical management (diagnosis and treatment) of Alzheimer´s Disease and stroke patients.
- neuroATLANTIC will set up a preclinical translational research platform with all the elements needed (animal models, nanostructures synthesis, assessment of exploitation potential, etc.) to bring innovative theragnostic agents and nanobiosensors (to be used to enhance diagnosis and treatment) to real settings. To test the translation platform feasibility, we will focus on two initial projects: biofunciontionalized nanostructures as contrast agents and nanobiosensors. These projects will give us useful insights to strengthen such platform in the future.
- neuroATLANTIC will pay attention to capitalization of results: technology roadmap and exploitation plans will be delivered for the selected projects; a governance structure will be defined in order to select new projects to be developed in the platform and, finally, R&D mission-oriented guidelines will be developed in order to define a strategic R&D agenda to address neurological diseases in the future.
- THE GALICIAN RESEARCHER, PABLO AGUIAR, TALKS ABOUT THE EUROPEAN PROJECT neuroATLANTIC, PRESENTED AT THE IV FORUM RIES1912/05/2020The Galician researcher Pablo Aguiar has been […]
- THE MAYOR OF THE CITY OF A CORUÑA HAS VALUED THE WORK OF THE GALICIAN HEALTH CLUSTER (CSG) DURING THE INAUGURATION OF THE IV FORUM RIES2019 WHERE THE neuroATLANTIC PROJECT WAS PRESENTED12/05/2020The mayor of A Coruña was in charge of inaugurating […]
- THE SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA HEALTH RESEARCH INSTITUTE (IDIS) IS LEADING A EUROPEAN RESEARCH PROJECT ON THE DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF PREVALENT NEUROLOGICAL DISEASES ASSOCIATED WITH AGING12/05/2020As reported by Compostela health management in a […]
- SANTIAGO RESEARCHERS LEAD A EUROPEAN PROJECT TO STOP STROKES AND ALZHEIMER DISEASES.12/05/2020The Santiago Health Research Institute (Instituto de […]
- FIDIS LEADS THE NEUROATLANTIC PROJECT ON DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF NEUROLOGICAL DISEASES12/05/2020The laboratories of Fundación Instituto de […]