What is neuroATLANTIC?
Neurological diseases are disorders that affect the central nervous system and can impair the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerve or neuromuscular function. Most of these diseases are directly related to ageing, with Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) and stroke being especially relevant due to their incidence and the economic burden they carry. More than 7.5 million European citizens aged between 30 and 99 years suffer from different types of dementia.
neuroATLANTIC project will contribute to address this challenge by proposing new standardized clinical protocols, innovative diagnostic and treatment methods and ensuring technology transfer to enterprises to favour the uptake of innovations in real settings. Specifically, neuroATLANTIC will act on the clinical, preclinical and capitalization aspects as following:
- The project will explore best clinical practices to elaborate a “green paper” to propose an improved clinical management (diagnosis and treatment) of Alzheimer´s Disease and stroke patients.
- neuroATLANTIC will set up a preclinical translational research platform with all the elements needed (animal models, nanostructures synthesis, assessment of exploitation potential, etc.) to bring innovative theragnostic agents and nanobiosensors (to be used to enhance diagnosis and treatment) to real settings. To test the translation platform feasibility, we will focus on two initial projects: biofunciontionalized nanostructures as contrast agents and nanobiosensors. These projects will give us useful insights to strengthen such platform in the future.
- neuroATLANTIC will pay attention to capitalization of results: technology roadmap and exploitation plans will be delivered for the selected projects; a governance structure will be defined in order to select new projects to be developed in the platform and, finally, R&D mission-oriented guidelines will be developed in order to define a strategic R&D agenda to address neurological diseases in the future.
- Capitalization meeting in Basque Country02/12/2022neuroAtlantic capitalization meeting in Basque Country on November 10th, 2022 […]
- Capitalization meeting in France29/06/2022On June 28th, 2022, the Cluster Saúde de Galicia, CSG, […]
- Capitalization meeting in Northern Ireland28/05/2022Although the United Kingdom has been excluded from the […]
- Capitalization meeting in Ireland13/05/2022On May 12th, 2022, the Cluster Saúde de Galicia, CSG, […]
- Capitalization meeting in Portugal30/04/2022From 26 to 29 of April, 2022, the Cluster Saúde de […]